– Heavyset woman wearing bright pink top sports a fresh sunburn and sits with open legs. I wonder if she’s airing out?
– Outwardly health-conscious girl secretly binge-eats Thin Mints while listening to Natalie Imbruglia. Relatable.
– Gramps and fave granddaughter finish a bottle of rose wine, huddling together like co-conspirators. Their casual glances fuel my ever-present paranoia.
– Ancient woman wearing purple Hawaiian-print blouse looks like she just stepped out of a tornado. I want to give her a comb, but then I realize she’s a badass because she doesn’t care about her appearance; so I shoot her the thumbs-up when she isn’t looking.
– Happiest person here: middle-aged woman dining alone, reading Nora Roberts and sipping a glass of sweet tea. More power to her.
– Fit waitress carries a pot of coffee like she’s lifting weights at the gym. I want to be the coffee pot.
Dedicated to the random people I decided to study for science while eating a sub-par meal at Macy’s. I hope you all have wonderful lives! Thank you for the inspiration. The truth of the matter: I don’t know jack squat about your day-to-day, your background, or your private mind (and thank God for that — got enough inner monologue to occupy myself for an eternity). Humans are all guilty of judgment, aren’t we? So please, don’t take it personally. ❤